* Disclosure: The links in this gift guide are affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I will receive some compensation. Purchasing through these links will never affect the price you pay, and it will be the same whether you use my affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link.
Valentine’s day typically means expensive flowers, awkward fancy dinners, and picking up a last-minute cheesy heart-shaped trinket from the drugstore’s seasonal aisle (that let’s be honest, will end up collecting dust, get tossed in the “sentimental items” box, and end up in the next moving day purge). But for the outdoorsy type, receiving thoughtful, practical gifts that increase the stoke to get outdoors and that evoke inspiration to plan that next wild adventure will remain unforgettable throughout the years to come. So skip the expected, tacky, and unnecessary items and give these gifts to the outdoor lover in your life instead.
1. Glerup Slippers – Made from 100% pure wool, these non-slip rubber sole slippers are perfect for lounging at home, warming up by the wood stove at the chalet, or by the campfire. (To be honest, I would probably wear these everywhere I went!)
2. The Craft Cocktail Set – This set (plus a shot of the good stuff) is all you need to craft a delicious post-adventure beverage!
3. Patagonia Better Sweater Gloves – These mittens feature the same cozy fleece as Patagonia’s Better Sweater fleece jackets, and are perfect for keeping your fingers from freezing with still giving you quick flip access to snap a few photos or roast a few marshmallows over the campfire.
4. ENO Double Nest Hammock – Get cozy with your valentine in this double sized hammock (which packs down to the size of a grapefruit – perfect for those spontaneous hammock hangs)
5. The North Face Cali Wool Backyard Scarf – This stylish and functional cozy wool knit scarf will keep you warm from trail to town.
6. Celestron Elements FireCel+ Portable Power Pack – Not only is this a rechargeable hand warmer (which is a perfect alternative to those disposable handwarmers), but is a multi-mode red and white flashlight and a portable power supply for smartphones and personal electronics.
7. Darn Tough Cushion Boot Sock – These merino wool socks are great for hiking! The bottom cushions your foot, while providing arch support. (I love all my socks from Darn Tough!)
8. YETI Limited Edition Rambler Wine 2-pack – Nothing beats having a glass of wine by the campfire! These practical wine tumblers are shatter-proof and have a double-wall vacuum that ensures a colder beverage for longer periods.
9. DAKINE EQ 35L Duffel Bag – Such a cute duffel, and great for weekend getaways to the mountains (Plus it packs into its own pocket for easy storage!)
10. Rumpl Down Puffy Blanket – This lightweight and easy to pack machine washable blanket is great for car camping or to snuggle with around the campfire. The ripstop nylon has a durable water-repellent finish that sheds water, stains, hair, etc and it’s high-lofting, water-resistant down dries quickly.
1. Dorfman Pacific All-Season Crushable Hat – Is an all around great hat for the outdoors. It is made from wool felt, holds its shape well (even in the rain) and can be stuffed into a bag and pops right back into shape. (My Dad has a similar one that is probably older than I am, and is still going strong!)
2. United By Blue 55L Arc Duffel – a rugged, durable water-repellent finish protects your clothes and gear from the elements. Perfect for those weekend road trips.
3. Stanley Classic Vacuum Bottle – 25 oz. – This classic thermos is bound to bring back memories of the early mornings on the foggy lake fishing with your ol’ man.
4. Icebreaker Tech Lite Short-Sleeve Crew Shirt – made with merino wool spun around a durable nylon core, this shirt will be a quick favourite! It is soft, wicks sweat off your skin and is highly resistant to odor build-up. (My husband can’t get enough of these shirts)
5. Barebones No.6 Field Knife – a utility-drivin, multi-purpose knife – great for cutting veggies while camping, or making starter kindling for the campfire
6. S’well Roamer Growler – 64 oz. – keeps beverages cold for 24 hours which is ideal for parties, picnics or your camping trips.
7. Patagonia Classic Synchilla Marsupial Pullover Fleece Jacket – a timeless design to keep you warm and cozy from trail to town.
8. Rite in the Rain Bound Notebook – an all-weather, lightweight hardcover journal. Perfect for those backpacking trips, or even great in the boat to record the daily catch.
9. Icebreaker Hike Lite Crew Socks – the lightweight sock and the moisture wicking and antimicrobial properties of Merino wool make these great for any outdoor activity, or even just daily wear.
10. YETI Tundra 45 Cooler – nearly bomb-proof, the Yeti cooler is ready for any adventure!